Did you know how intricate, twisted, and complicated our small and large intestine is? Then there comes the stomach, pancreas, gallbladder, and liver; it’s jam-packed in there.
Many factors could lead up to possible GI-related infections or conditions like Lactose intolerance, for example. It’s the inability of your intestinal system to process dairy products and certain types of food.
There are many factors that lead up to Gastrointestinal problems. I mean, there are over hundreds of possibilities that could mess with your intestine or stomach. It all comes down to getting treated by the best Gastroenterologist.
Kindly take a quick moment to watch the video of a leading Gastroenterologist in London :
Author: Dr. Sarmed Sami MBChB, MRCP, PGCME, PhD
Consultant Gastroenterologist, Founder and Director of Digestive Health UK.
Why and when do you need to consult a Gastroenterologist?
Consulting a Gastroenterologist is vital when you have any symptoms related to your stomach and intestine. Several other symptoms need to be checked with a Gastroenterologist right away.
They are :
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Persistent heartburn
- Nausea and vomiting
- Bloating & excess gas
- Belching and burping
- Ulcer and pain
- Bleeding & Hemorrhoids
- Unexpected weight loss
- Difficulty swallowing
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Inflammatory bowels or blood in stools
- Inflammation or swelling
- Indigestion and persistent stomach pain
- Repeated bowel movements or Diarrhea
These are the symptoms that you should see a Gastroenterologist. Why? Because these symptoms can be acute or chronic depending on the infection or disease that you might have.
Diagnosis and treatments
A Gastroenterologist specializes in Digestive health; When it comes to treatment and tests, there are numerous tests like endoscopy that are a little invasive but much better than having surgery that involves removal of any cancerous tissue or blockage in your system.
We suggest you go to a specific clinic that is entirely dedicated to gastrointestinal disease. Because they have all the equipment and treatments that are required for any GI-related disease, if you are looking for the best Gastroenterologist in London, then you should consider going to the Digestive Health clinic in London, which has expert Gastroenterologist and endoscopy specialists.
Some of their diagnostic methods and tests include
- Upper endoscopy or GI endoscopy – This method is performed to examine the upper digestive system, esophagus, stomach, and duodenum.
- Endoscopy: Colonoscopy – This endoscopy is performed to observe and examine Rectum and large intestine.
- Abdominal scans – This encompasses a wide range of scans like CT, MRE, MRI, Ultrasound, or sonogram.
- Blood tests and stool tests – Blood samples are taken to observe any presence of bacterial or parasitic infections. In comparison, stool samples are taken to diagnose constipation, diarrhea, hemorrhoids, and digestive problems.
- Polyps removal via Endoscopy – This is considered the best alternative to remove any polyps tissues that could lead to cancer via Endoscopy methods over a conventional surgical removal method.
Opting for a Private Gastroenterology clinic
Without health, there is no wealth, so why don’t you reckon to choose a private Gastroenterologist in London over any other clinics? The services, diagnoses, tests, and treatments they offer are top-notch, highly advanced, and very affordable. After all, they value their patient’s digestive health, overall well-being, and they also have Medicare and free health checkups for older people.