Perhaps you’ve heard a lot of talk about Gummy Bear Implants around the pool and wondered what everyone was talking about. It probably didn’t take long to realize they were talking about a different kind of a treat than the sugary one.
What are They?
Gummy Bear Implants are a new kind of breast implant that are tear-shaped. They are fast becoming the procedure of choice for women who want a natural look and feel than traditional silicone implants can’t provide.
What sets these implants apart is that they composed of a silicone shell containing a silicone gel filling. Because of their gel filling, Gummy Bear Implants not only keep their shape much better and rarely fold are ripple.
What Sets Gummy Bear Implants Apart?
- Their shape – Traditional silicone and saline implants are round. Gummy bear implants are tear shaped and appear more natural. If you are looking for breasts with less fullness in their top half accompanied a more natural droop in their bottom half, these are probably just what you are looking for.
- Their durability – They are denser and thicker than traditional implants. Because of their design, gummy bear implant rarely leak should they rupture. If a traditional implant ruptures, the resulting deflation is immediately obvious.
- Fewer Complications – Tissue can grow into them because gummy bear implants have a textured outer shell.
Because they don’t shift like traditional implants, the tear drop shape gummy bear is less prone to give way to what is called capsular contracture. This complication is caused by tissues ar0und the implant becoming abnormally thick.
Gummy bear implants are fell less likely to result in the unpleasant appearance and pain sometimes cause by traditional implants.
Are They Safe?
No surgical implant procedure is risk-free. But gummy bear implants are less likely to rupture or cause complications that sometimes accompany a traditional implant, such as:
- nausea and vomiting from anesthesia
- nipple sensation changes
- wrinkling of breast tissues
- rupturing of the implant
Because gummy bear implants are more durable, breast augmentation using them carries much less risk of these complications.
As with traditional implants, The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends having a surveillance MRI three years and every two years afterward. This ensures you do not have any unseen leakage.
Gummy bear implants are specially fitted for thin women and women with naturally small breasts. Regardless of your body type, gummy bear implants fit effectively into your existing tissues, augmenting them in just the right areas.